1. I am fucking sick of talking, reading, and thinking about Brett Favre. He has never been as good as people made him out to be. He had a decent last season with Green Bay considering how shitty he'd been playing before 07-08, but he still ended the season with a vintage Favre interception. His inability to just walk away shows a total lack of respect for the game.
I wish someone would just cut the bullshit and give me some real sports stories. I want to read about the 4-3 vs. the 3-4. How on earth were there no stories on that, especially after the 4-3-utilizing Giants dismantled the offensive line of the Patriots, whose 3-4 scheme was (and still is) becoming the most popular defensive switch for new coaches since the Cover-2?
I know, it's probably too much to ask (sports) journalists to practice journalism.
2. Michael Ian Black tweet of the day: "Soup is future food because it's two states of matter at the same time. Probably causes cancer."
3. Converge has a new album coming out. Gaza has a new album coming out. I have a new album coming out(maybe). Obama really did bring change. '09 could be the best send-off this decade could have asked for, musically.
4. Funniest post of the day so far goes to The Onion.
5. Not sure if you heard about the script that would have turned Moneyball into a movie starring Brad Pitt and Demetri Martin, but Deadspin got a copy of it and Bentern read over it. It's classy, and Joe Morgan haters will catch a serious boner for it. And it's here.
Should be a good Wednesday. I've got to clean my apartment and practice for the show tonight, see you later...